Health and Safety Protocols
At Costa Linda we are committed to offer extraordinary vacation experiences, this includes that both guests and Staffs are safe in our facilities. It is also our commitment to comply with the guidelines and recommendations issued by the country's government entities and international organizations in relation to contingency care by COVID-19.
We have updated our protocols to ensure that both our Guests, Staffs and anyone who visits our facilities is in a safe environment with the least possible risk of contagion in the face of the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- We are requesting owners to confirm their arrival.
- We are requesting all owners to pre-register prior to their arrival in the comfort of your home. By pre-registering you will help reduce the check in-time, https://www.costalinda-aruba.com/membersarea/pre-registration.asp
- We ask guests and Staffs to maintain a distance of at least 1.5 meters and avoid physical contact.
- Aruba is known as "One Happy Island" with our culture of warm hugs and kisses, during this time We have implemented as a "Costa Linda Greeting" offering a sincere smile and placing a hand on our hearts, since even if we are physically far from each other, it is very important to promote an environment of kindness and courtesy.
- Only one member of the family is required at the front desk for the check in process to avoid agglomeration and to adhere to the required social distancing safety protocols.
- Only registered guests are allowed on property, this is to maintain a minimum amount of people on property.
- Colored wristbands issued by front desk must be worn at the property by all registered guests.
- Fully Vaccinated guests are not required to wear face coverings. Guest not fully Vaccinated must continue to wear face coverings and practice social distancing. We're all in this together.
- At the main entrance hand sanitizer is provided to all visitors before entering the lobby and sanitizing gel stations will be present in public areas. We highly recommend proper hand hygiene.
- Deep Preventative cleaning and sanitization is done in all public areas on a continuous basis, this includes all touchpoints such as door handles, elevator buttons, counters, phones and handrails.
- Housekeeping Room Service is not given on Saturdays or day after check-in, Saturday Service is only provided for extended stays.
- Housekeeping Room Service during the week (Mon-Fri) is available but we request guest not to be in the unit.
- There is a mandatory day of Service during the week, this must be either Wednesday or Thursday of each week, note this is to keep the Resort to standard.
- During the cleaning of rooms, or maintenance request guests are requested not to stay in the room in which the cleaning or request is being carried out; in order to guarantee a healthy distance.
- All personnel will use face masks or face shields when entering rooms, or in contact with guest.
- The Pen, Notepad, Resort tips, Costa Linda Magazine and Inventory list are removed from the in-room amenities but are available upon request. QR codes are on the TV stand for In Room Magazine, Inventory list and Restaurant Menu.
- A set of 6 disposable face mask is provided in the rooms.
- The checkout time has been moved to 11:00 a.m. in order to properly disinfect the room.
- The Beach chairs will be cleaned at the end of each day.
- The maximum capacity per elevator is 3 people or per family.
- Activities have been limited and decreasing the capacity of the groups as appropriate.
- Gym will be set up and operational please clean and sanitize equipment after each use.
- Gym is limited to 1 hour per guest with a maximum of 12 persons in the gym at a time.
- Water Coolers on the beach and property have been placed out of order.
- Cy Holley Suite - No more than 40 chairs to be set up and 50 persons maximum in the room, including presenters
- All concessionaires are require to follow the protocols of Costa Linda plus those of the Health Department and must obtain their Clean Seal.